Hours of Operation

Monday: 12 - 8pm

Tuesday-Thursday: 9am - 5pm

Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Office: (724) 447-2283

Fax: (866) 593-4908

Click here to email us

Know the Signs - Grass Sickness

March 21, 2016

Equine Grass Sickness (EGS) is a relatively unknown, yet serious condition that affects a horse's nervous system. First reported in Scotland in the early 1900s, the disease had been largely contained in Northern Europe. However, more recently, it was suspected in Australia and the Falkland Islands, and a mule with the symptoms was found in the U.S.

read more...

Stick It to Tapeworms

March 18, 2016

Tapeworms, a fairly common parasite in dogs and cats, are flat and made up of distinctive looking segments which are continually produced near the worm's neck. Each segment is capable of reproducing, and as new segments are added, old ones break away and are typically passed with the pet's stool.

read more...

Understanding Allergies

March 16, 2016

Pets play a significant role in our lives. They are often thought of as a family member, and we cherish the joy they bring us. That's why it can be stressful when a human family member is allergic.

read more...

Household Dangers

March 14, 2016

Hey, everyone! It's Cooper, here to discuss a very important topic: National Poison Prevention Week.
It's hard for me to admit this, but here goes: We dogs have a few bad habits...and one of them is that we will eat pretty much anything. Of course, that doesn't mean that we SHOULD eat anything we want, because not everything is good for us! In fact, many common household items can actually harm us...or even kill us (ooh, I don't want to think about that!)

read more...

The Truth About Cocoa Mulch

March 11, 2016

Mulch is widely used in almost every landscaping project. There are many varieties to choose from, and that's good because one you should probably avoid is cocoa mulch.

Also called cocoa bean mulch, cocoa bean shell mulch or cocoa bean hull mulch, cocoa mulch is a byproduct of chocolate production. In fact, it has a rich, brown color and smells like chocolate. Apparently, it tastes somewhat like chocolate, too, because some pets like to eat it. Just like chocolate, however, cocoa mulch can make pets sick. It contains the same toxins as chocolate, although in smaller amounts. If ingested in a large enough amount, these toxins--theobromine and caffeine—can cause vomiting, diarrhea, trembling, increased heart rate and seizures.

read more...